Thursday, November 22, 2007

Very thankful for this day

This was her favorite page in my journal


Painting flowers next to the bucket of dulce leche she is selling.


Thank you Montenegro family for treating me to the concert at the National Theater of Nicaragua and the incredible dinner and flan de coco after, you truly are my Nicaraguan parents and I promise to return!

Thank you Blanca Lucia for the bracelet and the impromptu spanish lessons!

Thank you Marlene for the bananas and water for my journey, and for the conversations by candlelight on the porch with your daughter when the power went off for the evening.

Thank you carol for writing the note in spanish to the bus driver so he knew that I was going to Monteverde and not San Jose. I felt like a kindergardener with my bus number pinned on the back of my shirt, and it felt good.

Thank you woman on the bus from china, we both had limited spanish, but you knew enough to help me through customs.

Thank you little girl selling dulce leche at the bus stop that came over to watch me paint, you brightened my day and I hope you have a paint set of your own some day, the flowers you painted in my journal are beautiful.

Thank you young man and your mother for buying me a sandwich and coke and being patient with my limited spanish. A wonderful thanksgiving meal. I didn´t have small enough bills or even the right type of currency to eat.

Thank you everyone on the bus for making sure over and over again that he needed to stop at a place where I could transfer to monteverde.

Thank you Huber for the exciting drive to monteverde, the best hitchhiking experience ever.

No comments: